Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's that time of year again!

It's that time of year again when people are getting prepared for that special day in about 35.25 hours (from when I write this)....

... and no, I don't mean Halloween. I mean NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month).

Every year for the past several years the month of November is a month to write a 50,000 page novel.
There is very little in terms of guidelines since the reward is your own satisfaction of completing a novel (and possibly mention on their website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/ )

In the past I have been too busy to attempt it. This year I am still too busy, but I will attempt it...
I figure if I write for about 2 hours a day, I might be able to get a good start on a novel (or series of short stories, which is what I'm thinking more about - short stories that would be published in one book).

The only strict rules (I've found) are:

  1. final submission (to automated word count - not a person) must be at least 50,000 words
  2. can not start writing before 00:00:00 November 1st
  3. must finish writing (submit by) 23:59:59 November 30th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is also the time of year to be thinking about Fringe 2013, as the entry deadline for the Edmonton Fringe is mid November. Since my last play didn't do overly well (needs some more work), and I don't have anything else close to ready, I'm not sure if I'll be submitting this year.

No comments: