Friday, February 23, 2007

Black Phoenix

The fantasy world I am creating started from a simple thing. I joined a Yahoo! Fantasy RPG group, where I created a character. He did not get far in that group as I did not have the time to weed my way through the posts and get him involved. However, out of it he became the beginning, the creator so to speak, of the fantasy world I am now exploring.

I am taking a unique approach in writing this world. I do not present the life of the characters, nor all their adventures in linear format, but snippets of their lives while they are in possession of a Black Phoenix object.

The Black Phoenix himself is a mystery to all (even some parts are unknown to me). All that is know is that he is a traveler from afar, a master blacksmith, and can channel the magic of the world into what he creates.

To date I am following the path of 4 of his handiwork:
- A Dragon pendant
- An oath ring
- The Sword of Konrasz
- Jessamyn's Shield

It is not just these 4 objects, and the characters caring for them, but pivotal moments in the history of the land that come together in at least 6 stories and 1 poem. Eventually the stories will expand on the history and adventures of others.

I am hoping that each story stands on its own, and reading them out of order (what ever that order may be) will not spoil another story, but perhaps add to the discovery within either.

No comments: